Legal Assistance With Investment Visas

Forney Roth, LLC, is a law firm based in Omaha, Nebraska, that can help the foreign investor determine which visa is right for them.

We focus primarily on two different types of investment visas: E-1/E-2 Investor Visas and EB5 Employment Creation Visas.

Criteria For An E-1/E-2 Investor Visa

If a commercial treaty exists with the U.S. and a person's home country, they may be eligible for what is called E Investor Non-Immigrant Visa. This visa allows for unlimited renewals, but the investor must have a "substantial" contribution to the economy of the United States. Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years old are eligible for E-2 visas.

Requirements For An EB5 Employment Creation Visa

The U.S. government allows for 10,000 visas annually for alien investors in new commercial businesses. To be eligible, the business must create employment for at least 10 people.

There are two types of investor groups under this type of visa. One invests at least $500,000 in areas targeted because of high unemployment rates. The other type of group involves those who invest $1,000,000.

With an employment creation visa, the government issues a two-year conditional green card. Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years are also eligible for a conditional green card.

The investor should file a Petition to Remove Conditions within a 90-day period immediately before the green expires. The investor will need to show proof of at least 10 employment positions; however, the petition may still be approved if the investor can show the jobs will be created in a reasonable amount of time.

Contact Paul Forney At Forney Roth

Paul Forney is the firm's attorney that handles the investor visa practice, and may be contacted with any questions or to consult about these specific types of visas or other parts of immigration law matters. Call 888-645-5775 today. Se habla español: 402-800-6690.

Another way to get in touch with our lawyers is to complete our online contact form.